Perfect Purple Detox Smoothie
- 12 ounces Acai Juice
- 6 ounces almond or soy milk (or almond milk) 1 Tbsp soy creamer
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries
- 1 banana (frozen)
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 Tbsp Whole Ground Flaxseed Meal (or blueberry)
- 1 cup ice cubes (or coconut water ice cubes)
- 1 Tbsp Macro Greens powder
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1-3 dashes cayenne powder
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender. Puree until smooth and pour into two glasses.
- Makes 2 servings.
- 1 1/2 pounds beef sirloin steak
- 8 cups romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 6 roma (plum) tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
Chicken & Broccoli Pasta
- Preheat oven on broiler setting. Broil steaks for 3 to 5 minutes per side, or to desired doneness. Allow to cool, then slice into bite-size pieces.
- On chilled plates, arrange lettuce, tomatoes, and mushrooms. Sprinkle with blue cheese and walnuts. Top with steak slices.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, lemon juice, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and smoke flavoring. Drizzle over salad.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 18 ounces dry penne pasta (use whole wheat or quinoa)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat, warm oil and add chicken; cook until slightly brown. Add onion and garlic to cook for about 5 minutes or until garlic is golden and onions are translucent.
- Add tomatoes, broccoli, salt, pepper and oregano; stir well and bring to a boil. Cover and turn down heat to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender; drain and add back into pot. Pour chicken sauce into pot and mix well.
- Add basil and toss well; top with Parmesan cheese. Serve.
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 5 plum tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup cauliflowerets, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Fancy Fruit Pizza
- In a bowl, combine the cabbage, tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower and onion. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper. pour over cabbage mixture; toss to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- 1 (18 ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 medium firm bananas. sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, halved
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon water
Grilled Chicken Chop Chop Salad with Habanero Heat Dressing
- On a greased 14-in. pizza pan, press cookie dough into a 12-in. circle. Bake at 375 degrees F for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread over crust. Toss bananas with lemon juice. Arrange the pineapple, strawberries, bananas, kiwi and oranges over cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Combine marmalade and water; drizzle over fruit.
- 1 red grapefruit
- 1 cup peeled, chopped jicama
- 1 cup chopped orange bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 bag of prepared salad greens
- 6 oz grilled boneless chicken breast
- With a very sharp knife, cut a slice from the bottom and top of the grapefruit, cutting into the fruit. Stand the grapefruit up on a work surface, and slice off the peel and white pith in vertical slices, exposing the fruit segments (cut slightly into the fruit part). Use your knife to gently slice between the exposed white membranes, and loosen the grapefruit segments into a bowl. Pick out any seeds.
- Place the grapefruit sections, jicama, orange bell pepper, cucumber, tomato, green onions, and cilantro into a salad bowl, and toss gently to mix.
- Place mixture atop salad greens
- Top mixture with chopped grilled chicken breast
- Finish by drizzling with Habanero Heat Dressing (see recipe below for dressing)
- 1 habanero pepper, seeded and chopped (wear gloves)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- Place the habanero pepper, olive oil, rice vinegar, peanut butter, water, and garlic into a blender, and process until smooth. Add sesame seeds, and pulse once or twice just to mix. Pour into serving bowl.
Tropical Mango Mousse
- 2 mangos - peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 1 banana
- 2/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt (Fage is a great brand to use)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 6 cubes ice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a blender combine mangoes, bananas, yogurt, honey, ice cubes, and vanilla extract until smooth. Refrigerate for 3 hours. Pour into individual dishes and serve.
Heart Healthy Burritos
- 4 (10 inch) Mission® 96% Fat Free Flour Tortillas (or Gluten free)
- 2 cups grilled chicken strips, pre-cooked, prepared refrigerated or frozen
- 1 1/3 cups brown rice (or Quinoa), microwaveable
- 1 1/3 cups broccoli, microwaveable
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Your favorite brand Salsa
- Cook chicken strips, brown rice and broccoli according to each of their package instructions. Reserve hot.
- Warm tortillas in a microwave for 10 seconds.
- To build 1 burrito: Place 1/2 cup of chicken on the bottom third of each tortilla, followed by 1/3 cup of brown rice/Quinoa, then 1/3 cup of broccoli.
- Evenly sprinkle 1/2 cup of cheese over the broccoli.
- Add a tablespoon of Salsa.
- Repeat steps 1 through 5 using remaining tortillas and ingredients.
- Roll each tortilla into a burrito, forming a larger size burrito. Cut each burrito in half, on an angle, and serve hot.
Lebanese Chicken & Potatoes
- 8 cut up chicken pieces
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- salt to taste
- ground white pepper to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Place chicken and potatoes in a large baking dish. Season generously with salt and white pepper.
- In a bowl, stir together garlic, olive oil, and lemon juice. Pour over chicken and potatoes. Cover dish with foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil, increase heat to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C), and cook until chicken and potatoes are golden, about 30 minutes.
Pasta with Asparagus
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Heat the olive oil in a nonstick skillet. Saute asparagus in the pan over medium heat for about 3 minutes. Add chicken broth and mushroom slices; cook 3 minutes more.
- Drain pasta, and transfer to a serving dish. Gently toss pasta with asparagus mixture; sprinkle with Parmesan and crushed red pepper.